Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

OOTD: Yule Ball

Monday 24 November 2014
Dress: Jarlo | Clutch: Primark | Bracelet: boohoo | Choker: Dorothy Perkins*

It's officially party season! Last Saturday, I kicked things off with the Singapore Society's Annual Dinner & Dance held at the Palace Hotel here in Manchester. The games and photo booth were very Harry Potter-inspired, and the event was aptly named the Yule Ball. 

Having been on the organising committee last year for the D&D, I was really excited to sit back and relax this time round, and I had a really great time! (Kudos to the outgoing committee, you guys did a great job.) My friends and I took multiple turns at the photo booth, plus lots of group shots with the various Christmas trees scattered around the hotel.

I went with red and gold for my very posh look (very Gryffindor, if I do say so myself). This Jarlo dress immediately caught my eye on the Asos site, and since it was so outstanding, I kept my make-up simple and swept my hair to the side for some old Hollywood glam. My accessories were also discreetly sparkly for that party vibe. I especially loved how my pearl choker from Dorothy Perkins, received at the Fashionchick blogger event, gave my outfit that extra retro 'oomph' - I received loads of compliments on it!

I had loads of trouble walking in my dress because of the train, and it certainly didn't help that it was raining - I had to struggle with an umbrella while holding up my train! But thankfully my outfit stayed pristine, phew.

I have loads of events to attend this upcoming week, I can't wait to keep dressing up, but I have to say this is my absolutely fave party outfit I've got planned. x




6 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Stunning dress, totally glam Hollywood hair and perfect accessories. Beautiful shots as well, I need to borrow your photographer ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wearing the perfect dress for your colouring and figure. The shade of red is striking on you. You look amazing! Such gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!! So Glam! I want it <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so great, like a real princess in this absolutely gorgeous red dress! I love your style!

    Don't you mind following each other via GFC and bloglovin'?^) I would really appreciate this:)
    Instagram|RococoStyle.com|Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're a vision of beauty in that red dress! spectacular!!!!!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

fashion, eats and treats © 2014